Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Still Smoking....

Well, I am on the 4th day of my Novenas. I am still smoking, but not disheartened. I figure this attempt to quit is just one in what will be a long series of attempts to quit- eventually I will get so tired of failing to quit that I'll quit for good. Or something like that. Anyway, I haven't given up and will try again when I feel I'm mentally ready.

On a brighter note, I have written my own Novena to God the Father to begin the 126 day Novena schedule, mainly out of necessity as I couldn't find one on the net, aside from the Divine Mercy Novena. Yesterday, I met a woman at church who is directing the yearly "Walk For Life" this Saturday. I am going to be walking with the twins and maybe eventually working with her making baskets and drying flowers for sale for fundraising. I even got 10 minutes in for Adoration in front of the Blessed Sacrament; the babies took a short nap while I picked up forms and dropped off some food for donation (yay)!

Last Sunday, I ended up going to lunch after Mass with Ed's mom, brother and Fr. William from St. Mary's. Don't think Ed and I are going to last, but it was nice to meet his mom and one of our priests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home